A maternity cover position has arisen for a Recruitment Assistant to join our small and friendly HR team based in Sherfield-on-Loddon between Basingstoke and Reading. The role is full-time working 37.5 hours per week from 8.30am-4.30pm. The role is a fixed term contract for one year, with the possibility of extension. The role is working within the care and education sector. Reporting to the Head of HR, the role is responsible for the full process of Recruitment and Selection. The role is very fast paced and the recruitment volume is high and we are looking for someone with recruitment experience.
The role involves being solely responsible for the management of the recruitment and selection process ensuring the Company follows Safer Recruitment at all times.
You will undertake all HR recruitment and on-boarding administration including creating and writing job adverts and deciding on the most appropriate placement for job adverts.
You will manage the relationships with recruitment agencies on the PSL placing live vacancies with them as well as solely managing the response from direct recruitment adverts including managing the recruitment email inbox. You will contact suitable candidates to confidently talk to them about the school, role and their experience.
A large portion of the role will include undertaking pre-employment checks such as sending and chasing references (one of which must be gained prior to interview), undertaking DBS checks, gaining foreign police checks as well as undertaking further checks such as Prohibition from Teaching checks and management checks.
The successful candidate must be proficient in using a HR system as all new starters must be added onto the system in a timely manner for payroll.
The role also includes:
- Preparing all contracts of employment and associated documentation
- Managing and maintaining the Single Central Record
- Managing the creation of all ID badges ensuring photos are taken of all new starters.
- Managing the renewal of all employee DBS’s which are 3 years old
- Informing the line manager of the probation review date and produce relevant correspondence.
- Operating the Company’s award schemes for recruitment and long service, ensuring vouchers are sent out in a timely manner and that Payroll are informed of any vouchers given for Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to be processed
The right person
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build good working relationships at all levels. The successful candidate will have a least one years’ experience of working in recruitment. You must be organised and able to work under pressure due to the fast paced nature of the role.
Benefits of working for the Company
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- 35 days annual leave per year
- Free hot lunches every time that you work (or sandwiches, jacket potatoes or salad)
- A brilliant referral scheme with a £200 incentive
- Staff Accommodation
- Discounted gym membership
- A generous pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 30th January 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,503.00 to £22,736.00 /year
The Loddon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils attending the school. As the duties of these posts involve regular contact with children, any offer to the successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).